Friday, May 23, 2008

Core'dinations Cardstock Rocks!

Hey everyone. I just had the opportunity to work with Core'dinations ColorCore cardstock for the first time, and it rocks! I kept looking at the pictures of the cardstock, and I doubted that the core would look all that different from the paper, but crumple it a bit, sand it, and you have a totally different look! I worked with both the 'Admiral Blue' and 'Navy' for my June workshop project, and when you sand these they look like denim! I also used the 'Rouge' paper, which coordinates perfectly with the red in the Daisy Bucket 'Rock Star' Collection, and the base of my star (see photos) was done with the 'Argos' - well crumpled, sanded, and distressed with a little Tim Holtz 'Weathered Wood' Distress Ink!

If you haven't tried these papers yet, I strongly suggest you pick a few up! We are carrying all 160 colors by individual sheet, plus we have the 'Black Magic' and 'Vintage' collections, and 'Super Assortments' for those who really want to load up! I have a feeling that once you try this cardstock you won't want to use anything else again!

I've included some photos of my June workshop project below (think about signing up) as well as some close ups of the tags so that you can see the techniques I used with the Core'dinations paper. Who knew cardstock could be so fun?!?



Lisa



This photo shows the display. The star base is covered with 'Argos', well sanded and inked. I wanted to create the effect of weathered wood and I think it was pretty effective.


This tag was done with Core'dinations 'Navy'. The bottom edge is torn and you can really see the difference in the core color and the cardstock color. I think sanding this paper makes it look just like denim!



This shows the piece I made for the top of the tree (back side). The background is made from the 'Rouge' cardstock, crumpled and sanded. The center piece is made from 'Argos'. The 'Argos' turned out to be a great neutral, giving the effect of weathered wood on the base and linen here!



This tag shows the 'Admiral Blue' (in the background). It looks a lot like a faded denim when sanded. 'Navy' is in the foreground, and there is a touch of Daisy Bucket 'Rock Star' paper on this tag.




Bottom line - pick up some Core'dinations 'ColorCore' cardstock today - you won't regret it! You can click on the title of this post to route back to our site and check out the gorgeous colors!

No comments: