Friday, October 31, 2008

October DT Challenge

The fabulous results of our October Design Team Challenge are in, and I think you'll be impressed. The challenge was to use only five products - Bo Bunny's 'Poppy' paper from their 'Beau Jardin' collection, topaz colored 'Say it in Crystals', Coredinations 'ColorCore' Cardstock in 'Bon Bon', and a package each of 'Chantilly Charms' and 'Steel Magnolias' from Imaginisce. A photo of the product each design team member was given follows, as do the results. Keep in mind when looking at these that we weren't allowed to use anything other than the 5 products and glue - we couldn't ink, couldn't add embellishments, stickers, handwriting, etc.

I can honestly say that this has been one of my favorite challenges thus far. I personally loved working with these papers and was amazed at the beautiful projects the DT was able to come up with using only 5 products! What can you come up with? All these products are available in our store, www.scrapbuglane.com. Pick them up today and try your own 5 product challenge. I think you'll be amazed at the results - I know I was!

The Product:



This is the product each DT member was given to work with. The photo is kind of dark, but I think it gives you the idea. We couldn't add anything but glue!


The Results:

Dede

Dede designed an extra large single page layout that she is planning on having framed as a gift. This extra large layout will make quite a statement. I really liked the way that she repeated the background pattern by laying a matching piece on top and sanding the edges to make it stand out. Nicely done Dede.





Jodi
This is such a cute project, and so bright and cheery too. Jodi started with a set of wooden pumpkins, and then transformed them from plain to pretty. Great project Jodi. I loved these.







Selestina
Selestina created a classy message center for her kitchen. This project turned out great and will be a beautiful edition to her home. I love the way she tied in the black by using both sides of the patterned paper. With double sided paper you get the effect of 6 products with just 5! Great job Selestina.









Andrea
Andrea designed a lovely accordion book to display yet to be taken fall photos. She used a lot of monotone colors with sanded edges to create contrast, a technique I think worked nicely with these papers. I can really see this on a fireplace mantel, not just in the fall, but the whole year through. Really pretty.










My Project
When I saw the colors, I immediately thought of doing a heritage project, so I dug out a favorite photo of my grandparents and scrapped away. The gems and steel magnolias reminded me of the clip on earrings in my grandma's jewelry box, and I was happy with the overall effect. I had enough paper left over to do a second project - a bouquet of flowers. Having two boys I seldom get to work with flowers, so I had a lot of fun making these. The project really made me happy and I've enjoyed having it displayed on top of my piano!

Well there you have it - our October Design Team Challenge results! Hope that you were as impressed as I was - and maybe even inspired to try this for yourself!
Lisa

1 comment:

Garrity Photography said...

WOW! Beautiful work as always! Great job to all of you!