Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy President's Day - the Day After!

Hi all. I know I'm a day late in wishing you a Happy President's Day, but happy wishes none the less. I had a few quotes from some former presidents to share with you. I'm sure you'll pardon the delay - these quotes are timeless, and are applicable everyday, so I'm sure you will still enjoy them.

I spent the holiday skiing. President's Day marks the last big ski holiday of the year, and it was certainly crowded. I personally only skied about an hour - I spent the rest of the day chasing my youngest up (and down) snow banks. I spent the majority of the day in my ski boots (wishful thinking) until I finally got smart and resigned myself to taking them off. As a result, my feet are quite tired and sore today. My oldest was able to enjoy the day skiing though, and has the sunburn to prove it. It certainly was a beautiful day! What a blessing to be able to go out and spend a day with the kiddos in a country where we are still endowed by our Creator with inalienable rights!

Hope you enjoy these quotes. There might be one or two in here for your scrapbooks!

Quotes from past Presidents:

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man. ~George Washington

I had rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world. ~George Washington

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom. ~Thomas Jefferson

The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do. ~Thomas Jefferson

But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine. ~Thomas Jefferson

I am rather inclined to silence, and whether that be wise or not, it is at least more unusual nowadays to find a man who can hold his tongue than to find one who cannot. ~Abraham Lincoln

I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day. ~Abraham Lincoln

I leave you, hoping that the lamp of liberty will burn in your bosoms until there shall no longer be a doubt that all men are created free and equal. ~Abraham Lincoln

Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it. ~Abraham Lincoln

A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Order without liberty and liberty without order are equally destructive. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Have a great week everyone - watch for great things to be posted on the site this week, including at least one pre-order from Imaginisce! We are expecting a shipment on Wednesday!

Don't forget to pre-order your Cropadile II Big Bite either! Pre-order your Crop-a-dile II Big Bite today, and receive the case with gromets FREE! We had more of these pre-ordered over the weekend and our expected inventory is almost gone, so take advantage of the offer today! You can pre-order your Cropadile II Big Bite by clicking on the title of this post, or go directly to our site www.ScrapBugLane.com.

Lisa

No comments: