Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Famous Scrapbooking Names - BasicGrey

For the remainder of this week I’m going to do something that some of you might think is overly simplistic. Many of my friends look at me like I’m speaking a foreign language when I start rattling off lists of my favorite scrapbook paper lines and brands, so I thought it might be fun to gain a little insight into just a few of Scrapbooking’s big dogs, whether you’ve used their lines a thousand times or never heard of them at all. I will be featuring a tid-bit on a different famous (or not so famous) scrapbooking name each day this week. We will also have a link to their sites, so you can check them out for yourselves.

Playing with the Big Dogs
A salute to some of the best known and least known names in Scrapbooking

Day 1 – BasicGrey!

Can they get any bigger than BasicGrey? I’m not exactly sure when BasicGrey first came on the scene, but I have to believe they changed the face of scrapbooking forever when they did. According to their website, they “specialize in creating cutting edge paper”, and they have been very successful at that. I still remember my first BasicGrey papers. They were like nothing else, and I loved them so much I could hardly bring myself to use them.

In addition to fabulous papers, fibers, ribbons, tags, and chipboard elements, BasicGrey offers some of the most fantastic rub-ons in the industry. To see some examples of their beautiful rub-ons, just click on the title of this post.

Scrapbooking is such a trendy industry that brands tend to come and go rather quickly. What’s hot today may be old school tomorrow, but BasicGrey has somehow managed to rise above this tendency. They are kind of like the Madonna (sorry for the comparison) of the scrapbooking world, reinventing themselves with each new release without losing their distinct identity.

They have recently adapted again, making their Christmas line double sided! We carry BasicGrey's new Christmas line, Figgy Pudding, and also have their Mellow and Recess lines. In addition, they have added coordinating acrylic stamps to their newest releases. If you sign up for our November workshop you’ll get a chance to work with both the Christmas line and their acrylic stamps!
Check out all of their beautiful products on our site,


Lisa

P.S. – Within the last couple of weeks BasicGrey has unveiled the delightfully delicious “Two Scoops” line. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this gorgeous new release!

No comments: