Tuesday, November 13, 2007


My very first blog!


Hey guys. I think its time to get this blog up and running, so I will do my best to begin posting to it regularly. I will try to mix it up and keep it interesting by including project ideas, tips, product trials, contests, challenges, and industry news. I’m going to get it going, but Jodi will also be posting to it, and hopefully our design team members will share with us too!

The big news for Jodi and I is that our site is now officially open. We have great ambitions for this site and will be working diligently to grow it over time. We have a ton of product on order that we will be adding over the next couple of months. Watch for new lines to appear from names such as Cosmo Cricket, Daisy Bucket, Heidi Swapp, Bo Bunny, Three Bugs in a Rug, Junkitz, Around the Block, Wausau and more. We are also going to offer a great selection of embellishments and acrylic stamps!

Thanks for all your support. We will do our best to make this site everything our customer’s desire.

Lisa



Tim Holtz Distress Ink Refills
Why they are great apart from the pad

If there is one tool in my closet I find indispensable, it’s my Tim Holtz Distress Inks and my Distress Ink refills. I have found many uses for the refills besides just re-inking the pads, and in many ways I prefer my refills because of the flexibility they give me.

This week in the blog I will be featuring four different uses for the refill inks. Check them out and then try them yourselves. Experience the freedom of ink without the pad!

Distress Ink Refill Tip 1- Edge it!

As stated in my design team profile, I can often get hung up on details. When I distress a page, I want every element to match. I find that by distressing all edges it ties my page together and nothing is left looking raw or unfinished. I distress everything, including my die-cut letters. This can be a trick, especially when it comes to inking the hole in the “A” or the very center point of a “V”. Here’s a simple solution using Tim Holtz Distress Ink refills.

Place a few drops of distress ink in a plastic/glass lid or container. Dab the narrow end of a make-up/chalk applicator (such as the ones featured on this site) in the ink. This narrow end will allow you to ink the edges of your letters into the narrowest of spots.

When you are finished, you can store your make-up applicator in a zip-lock for a short time since the make-up applicator is spongy and stays moist. I have tried this same technique by dabbing the applicator directly on the stamp pad and have found that I just can’t get it wet enough to distress the edges effectively, you really need the refills to pull this off. Try it out and let me know what you think and then make sure you check back tomorrow for tip #2.



I have attempted to post links to both the make-up applicators and the ink refills on our site. Please bear with me if the links don't work. This is my first blog, but I will figure it out!

1 comment:

Caitlyns Mama said...

You are the distressing queen my friend! Thanks for the tips!